RF Field Application Engineer, sought by V I Engineering, Inc. in Campbell, CA, a business oriented, engineering solutions provider specializing in test and control systems, test strategy consulting and engineering information management systems. A high-visibility position to customers & vendors on a very fast-paced team with close customer contact & strong career development opportunities. Identify, own & drive technical design & development of test systems.
- Design, execute and maintain RF test protocols and RF test frameworks, and RF test cases automation as well as the creation of manual test cases based on a functional specification. Assist with determination of RF design requirements and specifications.
- Ability to review block diagram, schematic, layout, test results to trouble shoot issues. Perform experiments using a variety of test equipment including a VNA, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, synthesizers, noise figure meter etc.
- Handle RF device and circuit failure investigation and reports.
- Execute RF verification and validation activities including associated documentation.
- Prepare reports and write technical instructions for testing, manufacturing processes, and installation as required.
- Define and implement RF test processes, compliance of new products, services and application at the customer’s site. Support the development of solution development based on assessment of customer needs and understanding of application requirements.
- Organize, document, and interpret results of tests by using statistical analysis and process control to ensure field reliability.
- Provide RF training and workshops for customers as needed. Manage demonstration equipment and support sales staff. Develop application notes, white papers, blog postings and other technical sales support material.
- Identify risk and recommend risk mitigation options.
- Ensure compliance with V I Engineering's customer’s specifications and standards.
- Be the direct responsible individual and the point of contact for product information, troubleshooting and potential repair and assure readiness of new products, services and application to customers.
Requires Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field with 5 years of experience in the job offered, Test Engineer, or related work. Experience in RF test protocols, RF test frameworks, LabVIEW IDE, control processes, GR&R, Cp/Cpk, correlation analysis and TestStand automated test sequencer is required. Domestic and International travel is required
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org